Eldercare 2021 will be available on access tv stations across the region AND available online starting May 3rd. We are pleased to announce the following presentations:
“10 Truths & Myths About COVID-19 for Seniors”
Dr. Erik Dickson, President & CEO of UMass Memorial Health Care & Hospital
“Safe Guarding Seniors”
Sheriff Lew Evangelidis, Worcester County Sheriff’s Office
“The State of Older Adults in Central Massachusetts”
Dr. Moses Dixon, Executive Director & CEO of the Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging
“Hearing From the COVID-19 Vaccination Panel with CareOne at Millbury”
Robin Cestaro, LPN, Director of Admissions
Melissa Ferguson, RN, Director of Nursing
Cheryl Perry, Director of Community Marketing and Joanne Sheperd (resident)
Jamie Kelley, Clinical Liaison and Christo Athanas (resident)
Melissa Ferguson, BSN, RN, Director of Nursing
Robie Cestaro, LPN, Director of Admissions
Kristine Binette, MBA, LNHA, OT/L Administrator
Polly A. Tatum, Esq. of Law Office of Polly A. Tatum and Mediation Advantage Services
“Mental Health for Seniors”
Geoff Cushner, LICSW
“The Pros and Cons of CBD Use for Seniors”
Julie Battel, CNM, MPH
Peter DeCaro, CEO of Resinate
The program will also feature special messages from local officials and organizations!
Eldercare 2021 is produced in partnership with the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office.
Joseph D. Early Jr., Worcester County District Attorney’s Office, Fallon Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School, UMass Memorial Medical Center, WTAG AM 580 – FM 94.9, UniBank, and Reliant Medical Group.
If you are an elder or caregiver in Central Massachusetts looking for additional information about resources, we have many organizations and businesses that can offer you support.
Eldercare 2021 Vendors:
- Offering Road Side Assistance, Membership Services, Insurance, & Limited RMV Services
- AAA Worcester
- 25 Mountain Street East, Worcester, MA 01606
- AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. AARP provides information and resources, and advocates for the 50+ and their families on matters relating to health and financial security. AARP Massachusetts has a staff dedicated to doing outreach, programming and advocacy across the Commonwealth.
- By phone: 866-448-3621
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: www.aarp.org/ma
- Advocates champions people who face developmental, mental health, or other life challenges. We partner with individuals and families to shape creative solutions to even the greatest obstacles.
- 1881 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA 01701
- (508) 628-6300
- Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- Bay State Savings Bank prides ourselves on being a bank our customers and community know they can count on. Whether it’s to provide personalized financial services and technology, to reinvest in our community, or to simply do the right thing, we’re constantly working to make sure Bay State Savings Bank is exceeding expectations.
- 28 Franklin Street, Worcester, MA 01608
- 800-244-8161; (508) 890-9090 (Español)
- Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings in Shrewsbury, MA is an assisted living community choice for older adults who value their independence but need assistance with daily life activities.
- 311 Main Street, Shrewsbury, MA
- The Better Business Bureau Serving Central and Western Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that aims to create an ethical, trustworthy marketplace – where buyers and sellers can trust each other. BBB helps people find and recommend businesses and brands they can trust.
- 400 Grove St., Worcester, MA 01605
- Ideal for people with some degree of hearing loss, the Captioned Telephone, or CapTel, works like any other telephone with one important addition:
- It displays every word the caller says throughout the conversation. CapTel phone users can listen to the caller, and can also read the written captions in the CapTel’s bright display window.
- Contact name: Tina Marie Davern
- The Center for Living & Working is a non-profit independent living center which empowers persons with disabilities to take active roles in their lives and in the community in which they live.
- 484 Main Street, Suite 345, Worcester, MA 01608
- Voice: 508-798-0350
- Toll Free: 1-800-570-4020
- Century Homecare was founded in 2012 to provide homecare services to underserved communities. At Century, we aim to provide not only post-surgery care, but also mental health care, and care for chronic health conditions. We serve maligned communities such as the poor, immigrants, and non-English speakers in addition to the traditional homecare recipients.
- Community Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to persons who are low-income or age 60 and older and reside in central and western Massachusetts. CLA assists seniors with legal problems concerning government benefits, housing, health care access (Medicaid, Medicare), long term care, abuse (physical, financial) and family law
- 405 Main St., Worcester, MA 01608
- (508) 752-3718; (855) 252-5342
Dementia Friendly Worcester
- Dementia Friendly Worcester is a grassroots initiative co-founded by Schroeder to increase awareness, ramp up education efforts, and make the city more inclusive for people living with dementia.
- Contact Julia Schroeder at JSchroeder@clarku.edu
- ESWA provides community-based services, support and education that maximize the independence and self-determination of elders, younger disabled individuals and their Caregivers in Central Massachusetts. Our comprehensive range of services enables these individuals to live in their own homes, preventing or postponing the need for institutional care for as long as safely possible.
- 67 Millbrook Street, Suite 100, Worcester, MA 01606
- Promotes independence, empowerment, and well-being of older people, individuals with disabilities, and their families. We ensure access to the resources you need to live healthy in every community in the Commonwealth.
- One Ashburton Place, 5th floor, Boston, MA 02108
- (617) 727-7750
- Senior Companions are volunteers 55 and over who provide assistance and friendship to seniors who have difficulty with daily living tasks. Volunteers help to keep seniors independent longer and provide assistance to family caregivers.
- 128 Providence St. Suite 310, Worcester, MA 01604
- Contact: Joy Rehfeld, Director, Senior Companion Program
- Phone: 508.425.9187
- Email: email@example.com
- A caring community of independent living facilities and rest homes for elders. At Goddard/Homestead we still live by our century old mission of service and caring.
- Goddard House 1199 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01603, 508-753-4890
- Homestead Hall 10 Homestead Avenue, Worcester, MA 01610, 508-753-4890
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is a non-profit health services company based in the New England region of the United States.
- Wellesley, MA—Corporate Headquarters
- 93 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA 02481
- Customer service: 1 (888) 333-4742
- MAB Community Services has been creating opportunities for people with disabilities since 1903. MAB’s mission is to work with individuals with disabilities to eliminate barriers and create opportunities.
- (617) 738-5110
- 200 Ivy Street, Brookline, MA 02446
- MassRelay is a 24-hour service that allows individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or have difficulty speaking to communicate freely with family, friends and businesses over the telephone.
- How To Connect – Dial 711
- TTY: 800-439-2370
- Voice: 800-439-0183
- VCO (Voice Carry Over): 866-887-6619
- Speech-to-Speech: 866-645-9870
- Spanish-to-Spanish: 866-930-9252
- MCPHS University Pharmacy Outreach Program is a non-profit organization promoting medication adherence by providing free help to Massachusetts residents with their medication-related needs. Staffed by case managers, pharmacists, and students, our goal is to help people afford their medications and understand how to take their medications correctly. We provide information and enrollment assistance with programs like Medicare Part D, Prescription Advantage, and other health and prescription benefits.
- MCPHS University Pharmacy Outreach services are free of charge and offered by phone Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 at 1-866-633-1617 or through programs held via Zoom and at community sites across the state when permitted.
- 19 Foster Street, Worcester, MA 01608
- Montachusett Home Care Corporation (MHCC) is a not-for-profit agency established in 1974 serving older adults in North Central Massachusetts. Montachusett Home Care provides comprehensive information and quality services so that older people, individuals with disabilities and their families are empowered to make personalized choices to ensure a life of dignity, safety and respect.
- 680 Mechanic St. Leominster, MA 01453
- Our mission is to provide exceptional care and service giving residents, families and visitors the peace of mind they need and desire. At every level, Notre Dame Health Care Center gives renewed meaning to the words family and community. Each of our programs offers expertise with respect, love and compassion.
- 555 – 559 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605
- Open Sky Community Services offers an Adult Family Care program for families who are caring for a loved one who is unable to live alone. The program offers financial support and practical assistance to a caregiver.
- 4 Mann Street Worcester, MA 01602
- For more information, please go to the website www.openskycs.org.
- To contact Adult Family Care, call (508) 266-6524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overlook Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice, a national leader in customer satisfaction and clinical outcomes is accepting patients in your area. Overlook VNA, named Best Home Care Provider in Central Massachusetts and among the Top 25% Home Care Providers Nationwide in 2018, is providing Home Care & Hospice services around you
- 88 Masonic Home Road Charlton, MA
- To learn more about the options available, please call 800-990-7642.
- Prestige Adult Foster Care is a Massachusetts state-licensed, CARF accredited and a community-based supportive living program that assists people over the age of 16 and adults with aging issues, medical conditions, mental illness, developmental or physical disabilities who cannot live safely at home.
- 400 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605
- RCAP Solutions is a comprehensive non-profit community development organization that works with communities of all sizes to address a broad range of needs. RCAP is an administrator of the Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP), a state-funded lending program that provides loans to homeowners and small landlords to fund necessary changes to keep disabled or elderly family members in their own homes.
- 191 May Street, Worcester, MA 01602
- REquipment is a great way to obtain free, gently-used durable medical equipment (DME) in Massachusetts. Donated DME is sanitized, refurbished and made available in our inventory. Access to our equipment is easy, either online or by phone, and we provide pick up and delivery as needed (a small fee for delivery may be charged).
- PO Box 311, Methuen, MA 01844
- (508) 713-9690
- SHINE provides FREE unbiased health insurance counseling information and assistance to Massachusetts residents with Medicare, their caregivers and those approaching Medicare eligibility.
- Central Regional Office: 60 North Bow Street Milford, MA
- The staff of Saint Francis Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a Joint Commission Accredited rehabilitation and nursing center located in Worcester, MA, strive to provide our residents with a pleasant environment through a wide range of amenities and activities. We cater to the physical, emotional and social needs of each resident by offering the highest level of health care services available.
- 101 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01604
- Established in 1976, Tri-Valley, Inc. is a private, non-profit agency providing information, referrals, and care management for in home and community services in South Central Massachusetts. Tri-Valley, Inc. is committed to the rights of elders and individuals with disabilities to live independently with dignity and safety in a setting of their choice.
- 10 Mill St., Dudley, MA 01571
- (508) 949-6640
- RSVP Volunteers of Central Massachusetts shows you how you can apply the skills and wisdom you’ve acquired throughout your life to make a positive difference in the lives of others. RSVP is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over.
- Contact: Barbara Drapos, Director, RSVP Central MA Volunteers
- 128 Providence St. Suite 305, Worcester, MA 01604
- The intention of the RSVP Senior Fraud Helpline Share the Number Media Campaign is to raise awareness for Senior Fraud, educate seniors on the pervasiveness and categories of fraud: Recognize-Resist-Report, erase the stigma associated with being a victim of fraud, and to help catch the criminals! Call the HelpLine at 1-800-297-9760 from 9:00am-4:00pm Monday through Friday to report, discuss, or learn more about senior fraud
- Contact: Barbara Drapos, Director, RSVP Central MA Volunteers
- 128 Providence St. Suite 305, Worcester, MA 01604
- The key to healthy aging is staying active in mind and body. Our cutting-edge senior center provides countless opportunities for seniors to take “new directions” to maintain their health. The Senior Center is a bright and welcoming place for all seniors, their families and caregivers, elder service providers and the community at large.
- 128 Providence St Worcester, MA
- (508) 799-1232
- The Worcester Talking Book Library provides free services to any Massachusetts resident who is unable to read traditional print materials due to a disability. You may access a myriad of materials postage-free through the US Mail, including digital talking books, large type materials, described DVDs, braille items, and magazines in recorded and braille format. Patrons will also, by appointment, have access to a public space which provides low-vision computers and assistive technology.
- 3 Salem Square, Worcester, MA 01608
- 508-799-1730 OR 1-800-762-0085 (in state)
- A nonprofit organization founded in 1979, Tufts Health Plan is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage.
- 705 Mt Auburn St, Watertown, MA 02472
- (617) 972-9400
- UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone. We serve millions of people from their earliest years through their working lives and through retirement.
- Contact: Jesse Eller, CEO
- (781) 472-8650
- Wegmans is a regional supermarket chain with 105 stores: 48 in New York, 18 in Pennsylvania, 9 in New Jersey, 13 in Virginia, 8 in Maryland, 6 in Massachusetts, and three in North Carolina. Wegmans is a family-owned company, founded in 1916, headquartered in Rochester, NY.
- 9102 Shops Way, Northborough, MA 01532
- (508) 936-1900
- The YMCA of Central Massachusetts is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility.
- 766 Main Street, 4th Floor, Worcester, MA 01610
- (508) 755-6101