SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) is a state program that provides free, unbiased health insurance information, counseling and assistance to Massachusetts residents with Medicare, their caregivers, those approaching Medicare eligibility. SHINE Counselors are trained and certified volunteers who can answer your questions about Medicare coverage options.
Typical Questions for SHINE Counselors.
- What does Medicare Pay for?
- What is "Medigap" insurance?
- Which Medigap policy is best for me? When can I buy a Medigap policy?
- Where can I get help paying for my prescription drugs?
- What is "Medicare + Choice" or a "Medicare Health Plan"?
- How do I appeal a denial of service under Medicare or a Medicare HMO?
- What do "balance billing" and "accepting assignment" mean?
- Is an HMO better for me?
- If I join a Medicare HMO, will I have to change physicians?
- Does Medicare or Medigap insurance pay for nursing home or home health care?
- Where do I go to apply for Medicaid?
- Do I qualify for Supplemental Security Income ( SSI)
- When can I sign up for Medicare Part B? Can I get help paying for the monthly premium?
If you would like to speak with a SHINE Counselor at our offices please call 508-852-5539.
To contact the Regional Office please call 1-800-243-4636, option 3.
Visit www.shinema.org for more information on the program.
Regional SHINE Program Director
Central Regional SHINE Consortium
Central Massachusetts Area Council on Aging
Address: 60 North Bow Street
Milford, MA 01757
Phone (Voice): 1-800-AGE-INFO
Phone (TTY): 508-422-9931
Note: The links below will lead you to websites outside of this site. These websites may not be handicap accessible.